Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year - New Goal

My new goal (not a resolution) for 2013 is to document our life a little more often. I'm intrigued by the 365 photo challenge but sometimes there might be more than one picture that needs posting or there could be days when there is no reason to post anything (we are boring!) and I don't want to be constrained by that or feel like I have to post. This will be my attempt at documenting the year 2013!

January 1st! Portrait of me at the start of the new year ... decked out in new Christmas gear: App State sweater and cozy sweater boots.

January 1b - my view for most of the day:

I love these sweater boots. I hate taking them off. They are way more comfortable than I ever thought. Great buy Trophyhus!

January 2nd:

I developed a cold and Mom suggested a concoction of apple cider vinegar and honey. It didn't taste good and I'm not sure if it worked, but I did it twice. It taste pretty gross - like vinegar with honey ... it's all the rage on the internet ... I'm not sure it helped a ton, but I did feel better after I taking it.

Jan 5th: Lunch with Mom, Ty, and Amber ... why didn't I take a picture?

Jan 6th: Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pinterest

These were pretty good - not great, but good. Very chocolaty. I made a little over two dozen cookies and cleaned up within about an hour. That's not too bad considering I'm still getting used to my mixer. Please let me know if you have any great recipes for a newbie with a mixer!

You'll notice, there are no baby pics in this entry. Baby Boy Gaston is holding his own. Today was his due date and I don't know who is more ready for him to make his entry - his parents or his aunts! Good news is it is definitely this week. No worries - I'll be a good aunt and post plenty of pics to torture him with when he is a teenager.

With everyone dieting and exercising, I feel the need to move a bit more. All this baking is going to make it a necessity instead of a hobby! For now, I'm running to work tomorrow so I can share these cookies! If I don't keep them all, I can't eat them all! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment