Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My better half . . . also known as trophyhus

The previous post was all about me and my running. I wanted to give you a chance to be impressed and ooh and aah over me (kidding - sort of) before I told you about a real runner, my Trophy Husband Josh.

I am extremely proud of Josh. I remember when he first started running in December 2008. The first mile was a doosey as he ran on a treadmill in our living room (yes - living room!). I worried about him since he has asthma and didn't sound very good. Since December 2008, Josh has completed several 5ks, a few 10ks, 1/2 marathons, a 25k, 4 marathons, and the Blue Ridge Relay just to list a few events. Recently, he did a 12 hour run where he completed over 40 miles. Through this process, he literally ran his tail off - he has slimmed down around 50 pounds and continues to maintain it. His breathing has improved by leaps and bounds. He hasn't used his rescue inhaler in over a year. In addition to the running, he has completed the p90x workout routine several times which has toned his body (chiseled it, really - He's a keeper!).

He doesn't let this hobby take time away from us. He gets up early every day for work (5am) and still gets up early on Saturday (6am) to run before I even get out of bed. This is real dedication in my view since I loath getting up early, for any thing, much less exercise! He is very scheduled and determined. He wants to see how far he can go. He doesn't let things like asthma stop him. He may not be the fastest out there but he has the most heart. His motivation and determination are so inspiring to me.

In addition to being a runner, he is a wonderful husband because he loves God, loves me, loves my family, has no issues being goofy and doesn't have a serious bone in his body.  He would do anything for me and doesn't ask for much in return. He's the complete package, really (I wonder if my family has completely stopped reading at this point?).

So this post is dedicated to my wonderful husband! Please meet Josh :)

 June 2011 after 40+ mile run in 12 hours. Nice socks!
Coming in from a leg of the Blue Ridge Relay September 2010.
 Our first 1/2 marathon together - May 2011.

And one non-running related photo:



Currently running for frozen yogurt . . . of any kind: Feeney's, Sweet Frogs . . . with peanut butter cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment