Friday, December 2, 2011

Who rides a Party Bus to work??? I do!

At work we have this really cool perk - since our campus is overcrowded, they offer "cafe cash" if you ride the shuttle in from one of the really far back parking lots instead of parking in front of your building. I am all for this as I love lunch and what's better than a free or partially free lunch? They give me $4 in cafe cash Monday through Thursday just for parking far away! I can eat a good lunch for like $.50-$1.50 - um, sweet!

Usually, the bus is your normal mini coach bus. Nothing fancy. Tuesday was just an ordinary day. Kind of rainy so no one was enthused, until ... here comes the Party Bus! Carrie and I caught the last two seats on the bus. The driver warned us that this wasn't an ordinary bus and she was right! We sat down on the comfy leather couch-type seating and couldn't help but snicker. Everyone else on the bus was pretty serious so we kept it to ourselves until after the first stop in front of building 2 where 75-90% of the passengers got off. We only had a few minutes before our stop so we took the opportunity to take some pictures ...
Did you notice the zebra print pillow? The running lights? Did I mention the music playing? It was something Zumba-like ...
Ok, so it's a horrible picture of me but a very funny story that started our day off with a laugh :) As one guy stepped off the bus he commented - "It's all downhill from here today." It was a sweet ride, even if it only lasted for 5 minutes :)

I am currently running to work off the delicious cookies from the Ladies' Cookie Swap I just left ... dozens and dozens of delicious cookies ...

No comments:

Post a Comment